Oversight of the Genebank Platform is provided by the Crop Trust, an internationally recognised body that aims to ensure the conservation and availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide.
However, the day-to-day implementation of the Platform’s activities is performed by the individual managers of CGIAR genebanks and germplasm health units and by CGIAR policy experts.
Management Team (MT)
- Chair: Thomas Payne (Head, Wellhausen-Anderson Wheat Genetic Resources Collection, CIMMYT)
- David Ellis (Head of Genebank, CIP)
- Ruaraidh Sackville Hamilton (Head, T.T. Chang Genetic Resources Center, IRRI)
- Lava Kumar (Head, Germplasm Health Unit/Virologist, IITA)
- Michael Halewood (Leader, Genetic Resources Policies, Institutions and Monitoring group, Bioversity International)
- Charlotte Lusty (Genebank Platform Coordinator, Crop Trust)
- Luigi Guarino (Directory of Science and Programs, Crop Trust)